We are looking to add contract interpreters in the following languages: Spanish, K’iche’, Vietnamese, Mandarin Chinese, and French.
We are in need of interpreters in the following Alabama counties: Shelby, Chambers, Lee, Mobile, Coffee, Opelika, Butler, Montgomery, and Tuscaloosa.
- Must be fluent (native or near-native) in both English and the foreign language
- At least 3 years of community interpreting experience
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to obtain a letter from the physician to prove good health
- Must be able to show proof of car insurance and provide own transportation to scheduled appointments
- Committed to professionalism–being able to keep track of your schedule, arriving to appointments on time, keeping track of paperwork, and dressing appropriately.
- At least 5 years of professional interpreting experience
- Certified in court interpreting
- For Spanish speakers: Familiarity with regional dialects in Latin America
Submit your resume and references to Carolina Coates at firstname.lastname@example.org